Everything changes



 “Experience life in all possible ways --
good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light,
summer-winter. Experience all the dualities.
Don't be afraid of experience, because
the more experience you have, the more
mature you become.” ― Osho

Life is replete with great joy but also sadness. Sadly, in our competency-addicted culture, we think it (sadness) something to get through, to be on the other side of; and then (not for everyone) it appears to give them bragging rights.

What if instead we practised sadness or grief or brokenheartedness?

I know what you're thinking. Here we go again, another faux branding exercise around the human experience.

Possibly, but for me, as I look back on my life, I realise how much I've stuffed down or skimmed in the hope of never having to face myself and my demons. And it did me no good. No good I say. No, all it did it was make me weary in not understanding why all the thrashing and expectation of things working out, lead to a slightly hollowed out life.

And now?

It's not so much I've turned a corner but being wrecked on schedule isn't something to be shunned or got through in double-quick time, but to pause, reflect and invite a more beautiful question into my heart:

How can I be more human?

Just to be clear, there's nothing to fix, to sort or make better. 

There's just life and death. 

And that excites me in equal measure.

Blessings, 
Julian


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All in

Beginner's mind

Where next?