All in


When we want to, we can achieve great things.

I mean life-changing things for us and others.

Of course, we're not superhuman or robots and it's understandable why we're not always inclined or inspired to act this way. In fact, just as often we'd rather live a nice quiet life.

Don't ask me why perhaps it's my continued rumination on death and dying but at the moment I'm drawn to consider those people who have done great things in the arts or otherwise but have died young. I was going to say well before their time, but as someone bordering on the edge of fatalism, when our time's up, our time is up!

I'm not suggesting we lose ourselves under the staggering weight of expectation but I do think it worth allowing the thought to hang in the air when we achieved our greatest things and invite the question: "Why or how?"

Anyhow, back to the coalface.

Have a good one.

Blessings, Julian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginner's mind

When life passes you by