Sharing a few thoughts


"To study Buddhism is to study ourselves. To study ourselves is to forget ourselves." - Dogen Zenji

I've been consistent in posting to my Patreon account and have left alone all the other platforms. But, in the process, I've missed writing extempore, i.e. on the hoof.

I'm very conscious that I'm still to publish my book and, in a way, I should pull the plug on all my writing and invest all my efforts in getting the bloody thing shipped.

But that's not how I work -- or at least up to now.

You see, I like to write daily; I like to share what's uppermost in my often busy mind; and, I like to connect with my writing.

And when I don't do it, something's missing.

For the moment, I'm undecided if I'll write beyond Patreon -- at least until the book gets shipped -- and where I'll do so. I did think about using Medium but I'm loathed to pay the subscription. Likewise, Tumblr and Livejournal could have been a worthy investment of time but again neither feel right. So, for the moment, and mainly because it's easy with my slightly peripatetic work patterns, I've decided to give Blogger another whirl. I know it's not perfect -- far from it -- but I see no reason not to give it a proper go this time around.

In terms of what I'll write about, I'm not yet sure but something tells me it might be more in the storytelling genre than where I've previously invested my energies or have been drawn to write.

Blessings to you all,

Julian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All in

Beginner's mind

Where next?