Messed up


What has become of this world?

Or should I say, what have we done to it?

Perhaps it's just part of the evolution of the species.

But it makes me weep.

Of course, there are occasional glimpses of how it might be different but it doesn't take much, particularly with the abundance of bad news, to be back where we started.

I'm sure you can point the finger at many things -- e.g. religion, politics, inequality, hate, greed -- but when you get right down to it, it's a product of our thinking.

Imagine then if that changed to the point where love, kindness and compassion was our raison d'etre. Of course, it's easy to knock such whimsical ideas but I don't think so. I don't think there's anything soft about trying to imagine a very different world.

As much as I'm loathed to say it, change begins with a single step -- not another New Year's resolution.

I'm not going to repeat my own expected journey for 2018 -- I've said more than enough on Twitter and Patreon -- but one thing's for sure, I intend to be much more purposeful about being the change I want to see in the world. In particular, I intend to help as many people as I can, be in service to my family to the very best of my ability, love like I've never loved before and do my tiny bit to save the planet.

What about you?

What will you do differently in 2018 to clean up the mess?

Happy new year.

Blessings and much love,
Julian



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All in

Beginner's mind

Where next?