A mindful day


“People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child—our own two eyes. All is a miracle.” 
― Thich Nhat Hanh, The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation

It's always crazy busy or at least there's a lot going on, on Christmas day.

If you dare, slow down, enjoy every moment and remember to say a few thank yous and prayers for the people who've made the day possible and those that are no longer here to enjoy the festivities.

I feel blessed that my children -- Evie, Hetty and Floz -- are all with us, and making it special in their own particular way. I know it won't always be like this.

Perhaps it's my age, but I feel the pull to suck up each moment I'm alive and Christmas is no different, not necessarily the consumption (which I find hard to come to terms with) but a deeper connection with true self; namely, the person I was from the very start -- everything and no-thing. 

But today is not the day for me to say anything more than have a wonderful Christmas day. Drink wine, eat and be merry.

Blessings,

Julian



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All in

Beginner's mind

Where next?