Death - not death


I know, it's hardly the most appealing title but that's life, right?

Two sides of the same thing.

And yet, what do we do?

Rush forward in the hope of finding meaning in our days. We seldom do.

What if, instead, we embraced death in the same way we sought to strangle life?

What if?

But even to posit the question appears nihilistic, practically defeatist.

It's not always been like that -- I'm convinced of it. When life was short, often hanging by a thread, I'm sure we weren't seduced by (at the very least) the word voodoo that surrounds the 'D' word and so much more.

What am I advocating for?

Honesty, openness and, dare I say, truth. If not that, then what?

Long life, quick death. That's a myth. In fact, with our medically-disposed, buy-more-time way of seeing the world, all we're doing is buying us more death. Yes, you heard me. And that's a new phenomenon and one, in my humble view, we're not equipped to deal with, lest still discuss in closed or open circles. 

Anyhow, as I always say when I think I've made my point (have I?), it's time to get with the daily programme of trying to build a bridge between this life and the one that still lives unlived in my soul.

Blessings,

Julian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All in

Beginner's mind

Where next?