We're all going to die


You'd think, knowing that, we'd seek something more fulfilling than a life of faux experiences but it's not how we're conditioned to behave.

In fact, it's worse that that.

We want it now.

All of it: money, prestige, fame, love and material stuff.

(On the opposite side of this meme, we've this huge aversion to any form of suffering.)

But just imagine if this day was your last...

What would you do?

I know what you'd do.

Nothing different.

Why should you?

You know it's going to end. Hell yeah!, you might as well live today on maximum pleasure.

What if you stretched it out, and someone told you that you had 12 months left?

Would you try to change the world or crave yet more of the hedonistic stuff?

Who really knows?

I suppose in the end, it's how much you value life that really matters. But, judging by the number of people who abuse their bodies, eat to excess and use alcohol as a prop, my summation is that we're just not very serious people. In fact, the easier we can make life -- with all the deleterious consequences that that entails -- the happier we are.

Sorry, I know sounds crap but what I'm really inviting is a more beautiful question than how can I make myself constantly happy 🙂?

Take care.

Blessings,
Julian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All in

When life passes you by

Beginner's mind